Sunday, September 23, 2007

TH's new girlfriend

Tubby Hubby (TH) has a new girlfriend. Everytime we go out, he's too busy looking at her to take in the sights. Worst, at night, he takes her to bed with him and prefers to play with her than take part in our usual bedtime talk.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that she's easily turned on. In fact, he's got to keep her in that state all the time so that's probably why he's giving her more attention than me.

What am I talking about? Why, his Blackberry, of course.

He brought her back last week. "Office requirement," he said, barely keeping his glee in check. TH's a real gadget freak so giving him one is like giving a toddler a new toy. Since then, he can hardly keep his hands off her.

He thinks I'm crazy to be jealous of a palm-sized thing but it really does take up all his time. And, with his new job, I already hardly see him on weekdays.

So yesterday, I hid his Blackberry. He went into a major panic atack, but not because he was worried his office might need to contact him. "My Blackberry might be feeling lonely," he wailed.

Anybody know of any good Blackberry-obssessive-compulsive-disorder therapist around?

4 comments:

xneiax said...

My boyfriend's having this scandalous affair with his bike. Day in day out he'll do research on how to improve, beautify and pimp up his ride. I wailed and whined for him to stop looking at bike websites when I'm with him cos he doesn't only do his own research but he'll ask me for opinions every 5 secs. Haha. Is there a way for me to hide his bike?

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

use it as a clothes hanger? that's how i made my treadmill disappear!

xneiax said...

haha.. ok maybe i forgot to specify that his bike is actually a harley.. hanging clothes on it in a hdb carpark would be a tad too wierd rite? hehe.

Stu Know said...

DRASTIC ACTION

Hey Ivy, there's only one thing for it. Heave it into Kowloon Bay! it's the best noise a Blackberry can make 'Kersploosh'. You'll never look back and it'll take TH months to save up the money for the scuba diving kit to then go search for his BB. Anyway tell him BB's are the domain of ultra nerds in the UK! I pity you mate. I really do.