Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Does your wedding ring date you?

When we got married, TH and I thought we were being different by choosing simple platinum rings compared to the fancy stuff on offer. But my brother, Darric, got married 10 days before us and his band was exactly the same.

Which got me thinking: Is there a fashion for wedding bands? Bridal mags always tell us to choose something unique to us but is our choice influenced by what's in at the time?

I did a non-scientific survey of my friends and here's what I found:
Less than five years: Simple platinum







Five to 10 years: Dual-tone gold or diamond-studded white gold (a la Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt)






10-15 years: Simple yellow gold







More than 15 years: Elaborate diamond yellow gold

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elisabeth & I got married in 1991. Our wedding rings are ... (yes, you guessed it) ... plain platinum.