Tuesday, July 24, 2007

There's something special about flowers


Ever since I complained in my column that TH never gave me flowers, I've been getting them in bunches.

TH usually gives me eight, not six, stalks each time – because eight is a lucky number "according to you Chinese", he says. Besides, we held our wedding dinner on the 8th of August.

He usually doesn't wait for an occasion to give them so that they'd be more spontaneous. But two days ago, I received some for our 3 1/2-year wedding anniversary. Deep red roses, just the kind I love.

SMSed my mum and she was so envious. She hasn't received any from my dad despite being married almost 40 years.

Poor Mummy. Maybe I'd better order some for her for her next wedding anniversary.

4 comments:

gypsymoon said...

Hi ivy, i like to read your post cos it is quite amusing & even more enlightened to know you are a Sagi cos they mused about life a lot, i mean there's a difference between complain & mused, hee..we sedlom complain..

Just out of curiosity, hope you don't mind since i'm a Sagi too, what's yr hubby astrological star sign? is it happy go lucky libra, quiet aquarius or maybe meticulous cancerian..

To be frank, it's really couragrous of you to settle down cos we are by nature loyal , although we value space also

Thank you
Joanne :)

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

Hi Joanne,
This is so fun.I've always had to get fans feedback via The New Paper so it's great having direct contact.

How did you know? TH is a Libra. He claims he's diplomatic, hates conflict and... procrastinates!

It seems to be a good combi, Sag-Libra. I have two other Sagi friends and their hubbies are Libras too. And my Libra friend's fiance is a Sagi.

janechiam.usana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janechiam.usana said...

Good for you! TH is responding...with flowers.
bad on my side. At least u still have a column to make your complains. ALL my girlfriends get to receive flowers for all occassions while I get none despited all my hints & comments. He says:"ask for something more practical" T.T