Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Simpsons and the art of marriage


Has anyone seen The Simpsons movie yet? Tubby Hubby (TH) and I went to see it over the weekend and when we came out, he said: "I think I appreciate The Simpsons more after I got married."

How true. I never used to pay much attention to the bickering between Marge and Homer but ever since I got married, I notice I keep turning to TH and saying: "That's you!"

In the movie, Homer tries to persuade Marge to keep Spiderpig and she is not amused. Then he makes the pig belch like him and Marge can't keep her stern face. Homer says: "Aha, you smiled. I'm off the hook!"

That's exactly how TH wins arguments. He tries to joke me out of my anger and the moment I laugh, he knows he's in the clear. I really must work on keeping a straight face better...

4 comments:

Stu Know said...

What you need is a trip to the Tim Tipple Clinic Of Grimace Arts, based in Sandnes, Norway. There you will be able to learn the sacred art of keeping a very stern face while actually enjoying what you are doing from the all time master himself.
TH will fill you in on all the details. Did he ever tell you about the IBM corporate hairdo?

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

And what IBM corporate hairdo?! More grilling coming up!

leslie said...

Your hubby looks CUTE in glasses leh! ^_*

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

You think so? Better not let him read your comment or else his head will get so big he can't get into the escalator to get to work every day!