Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Setting the cake bar

Tubby Hubby (TH) prides himself on being quite a good cook. He wooed me with a fantastic lamb navarin.

But since I took over the kitchen, he's become lazy. The last thing he cooked was sausages for himself.

I don't really mind because, whenever he cooks, he manages to use up every saucepan, dish and utensil in the kitchen - which he then leaves to me to wash up.

"Let's face it," a friend told me. "Men are just not good in the kitchen."

Obviously, she hasn't met my friend Mark. Here's what he baked for a friend's birthday party:

And, since he's single, he even washed up everything afterwards himself. Now tell me men aren't good in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Stu Know said...

IVY, you make me LAUGH out loud! I am becoming a big fan of your blog. Partly because I know EXACTLY what you mean when you talk about the things you do, plus it's really, really easy to picture TH in each of the scenarios. It is a known fact that Men/Blokes cannot cook unless they use all the utensils. It would just seem wrong if we did'nt plus every bloke I've ever known has wooed a girl with cooking then reverted to the 'Sausage for one' menu. Mind you I'm not one to talk as TH about my secret curry spice ingredient. Tee Hee, by the way has TH ever shown you the 'Pervy Cat' pictures????

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

What Pervy Cat pictures?!! There is so much of TH's history he hasn't told me!