Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Crazy week in Hong Kong

Sorry I haven't been blogging but I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to sort stuff out so Tubby Hubby (TH) can stop living out of a suitcase - or, in his case, two humonguous bags.

Top on my list was finding a place to live. Rents are crazy in Hong Kong and yet, there still is so much demand. I went to see six condos on Monday afternoon and by the next morning, all but one had been rented out.

Anyway, we've found a place. Photos will come soon, when I can get TH to take a break from his busy worklife to load them for me.

Today, I went to sign up for a postgraduate diploma in cultural heritage management. Tomorrow, I have two (part-time) job interviews and then it's back to Singapore again.

Phew, the life of a jetsetter can be so draining.

4 comments:

Stu Know said...

Hey Ivy,
Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading your blog at the mo. I now know more about you, TH, his movements & whereabouts than I have done in years!!
Have just watched a stunning 'Taylor Steele' movie called 'Sipping Jetsreams'. It's an arty, cultural surfumentary and they visit Hong Kong and score some lovely surf too! Watching it made me want to come to HK. The two biggest issues being cost of flight financially and cost of flight environmentally. Have you read about the BA scam regarding Carbon offsetting and tree planting. Suffice to say anyone flying these days would be better off buying a big box load of low energy lightbulbs and giving them away to thier friends and neighbours! Hope the frantic times soon pass and you and TH can snuggle up infront of the telly again and he can play air guitar to the theme tune!

Stu Know said...

Oh I meant to add that I'm blogging too, all be it sporadically at http://7wphotography.wordpress.com/ if you ever need a sedative or something to send you to sleep then wander on over!

Stu

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

Of course I'll go over to your blog. Will leave comments too as I especially love your comments on my blog.

When are you and Nick coming over to Hong Kong? We have a rooftop terrace to hold barbecues for guests.

It's kind of crappy with a few straggly plants and a rusting clothes hanger at the moment but think of the potential...

Stu Know said...

But I LOVE rusty coat hangers!!!!!