Monday, August 6, 2007

Long-distance relationships

Tubby Hubby (TH) has started working in Hong Kong already but I am stuck in Singapore settling things like bank accounts and the movers.

Long-distance relationships are a common thing nowadays. People don't stay put in one company (or even one country) all their lives compared to our parents' time.

But that doesn't make it any easier. I find myself packing my days full of activity to make sure I don't miss TH too much. Thankfully, IDD calls to Hong Kong are free on Starhub so we keep in contact quite a bit.

It is exciting to be a real jetsetter now, though. I get to divide my time between Singapore, where I am still freelancing, and Hong Kong. How cool is that?

Speaking of cool, check out the view from TH's hotel room window. Yup, it is just opposite his bed. He keeps raving about it over the phone so I have to see it for myself. Flying there this Saturday to take over his double bed. Poor guy.

6 comments:

leslie said...

WOW what a good view!!!! *envy

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

Ha ha. I also say man. Some more this not even a four-star hotel, just a S$130 a night place run by Catholic brothers!

leslie said...

What?! Eh must recommend leh!! :)

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

Ya hor... Bishop Lei International House. Along Robinson Road, very close to the escalator. http://www.bishopleihtl.com.hk/

Stu Know said...

Ask him what's wrong with Auntie Edna Grubs' B&B???? He's always been a show off! Did he tell you about the Quadraphonic Reel to Reel tape machine he had??
If memory serves me correctly we were particularly taken with the cosmic version of Crosby, Steels & Nash's' Marakesh Express!!

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

He says Auntie Edna keeps making a pass at him. Anyway, you should see the room. YOu see how close the window is to the bed? Well, that's the extent of the room!