Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My role models


That's my Mummy and Daddy. Aren't they sweet? They've been married for nearly 40 years now and I look to them to get an idea of what a good marriage should be.

What I've learnt:
  • Bickering doesn't mean divorce is imminent.
  • The wife is always right.
  • Love is washing the other's car.
  • A couple only needs two bank accounts: joint and hers.
  • Why say "I'm sorry" when a nudge will do?
  • Why say "I love you" when a packet of mee rebus will do?
I flew home recently and sat in the back seat while my parents bickered throughout the entire trip from the airport. Then nudged each other. Awww...

2 comments:

unknown said...

Hello there!
Love your column.. so glad to continue reading your musings on your blog. And yes, I agree with the things you have learnt esp the stuff about the bank accounts! :D
Urs,
April

Ivy Ong-Wood said...

Thank you, thank you. Yeah, my mum taught me the bank account one. She's got one personal account plus quite a few fixed deposits that my dad doesn't know about. If he did , I'm sure he would have spent all the money by now!